Have spent some weeks consuming his book and have found some good notes out of it. Would like to share it.
1. Practice a consistent habit of self-restoration.
2. There is no relation between giftedness in the ministry and emotional maturity in the ministry.
3. Those who have high-aptitude in the arts and music have more predictive career success in any field than the results of grades, IQ, achievement or any other standard measure.
4. Get a life outside your ministry/work. So you will know better how to look and treat others.
5. Job was actually the first book of the Bible written, as if the first idea God wanted to communicate to his people was that this life is hard, that pain is real.
6. Having one full of day of rest is so important that God placed it first before “Thou shall not murder.” When we fail to keep our bodies in the rhythm they were designed with, we reveal what we really believe about ministry: that the work of transformation is up to us, not God.
7. Like anxious gardeners trying to force plants out of seeds, instead of cultivating change, we kill the very seeds that were meant to produce change.
8. The story of the goose who laid the golden eggs. The impatient ownder of the goose decided he simply didn’t have time to wait for the egg to be laid, so he killed the goose to get immediate access to the gold. Reminds me of the way many treat their workers.
9. Great decisions begin with really great people and a simple statement: I don’t know.” -Jim Collins. Godly leaders approach problems, whether in the ministry oor in themselves, with a curious humility, recognizing just how much they don’t know.
10. Anxious leaders may ask people to help, they seldom, if ever, ask for partners.
11. Do I rule my tongue or does it rule me? Proverbs 26:18-19 says, “Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, ‘I was only joking!'”
12. Emotionally healthy people protect themselves from self-delusion by learning what their gifts are not, by admitting their blindspots and the triggers that create defensiveness or avoidance.
13. Emotionally healthy people have escaped the illusion that the weight of transforming their cities and churches is on their shoulders. Because they’ve learned not to take themselves too seriously, when criticized they can simply say, “I’m sorry.” They can live with a failed program and stalled momentum, give their best, and trust God with the results.
14. Leadership is learning to disappoint people at a rate they can handle. -Tony Robinson
15. The most powerful resource we have for creating lasting change is to initiate change in ourselves first.
16 The world is full of people who are waiting for someone to come along and motivate them to be the kind of people they wish they could be. The problem is that no one is coming… These people are waiting for a bus on a street where no busses pass… They can end up waiting forever. And that is what most people do. Brian Tracy
17. Understand the invisible systems.
18. Longevity simply works- on all kinds of levels. It forces us to continue to relate to people who have let us down. Gives us the grace to learn from our mistakes and do our part to build better the next time around.
19. Persevere. The longer you serve with the youth, the more goals you will see accomplished, the more competent and confident you will feel, the more satisfaction you will derive from your relationships with youth and their parents and the stronger will be your sense of purpose and confidence in God and in his Word.
20. Sustainable youth ministers recognize one fact to be true: we’ll never get it all done.
21. Eat the daily frog. Always accomplish or don’t ignore simple day to day simple tasks that will build towards the greatest impact on our future. Like making a phone call or setting up one appointment or even reading a chapter of a book that helps equips us to change.
Want your business or services to be seen online by more customers and increase your sales? As a digital marketer, my services may help you reach your goals.
As a Financial Advisor, I can also protect your finances from sudden and unwelcomed life events such as critical illnesses, hospitalization or death of the breadwinner. Through Life Insurance, I can help you secure your income. At the same time, I can help you grow by investing it on different instruments such as stock markets and bonds.
As a salesman for an IT company, we can provide outsourcing and software development services for you. We customize systems / softwares, install hospital information systems and accounting systems in businesses.
As a Realtor, I can help you find best real estate investments or house and lot in Bacolod City, Western Visayas and beyond.
Other services: Information, POS and Accounting Software