This list is taken from Leroy Brownlow’s book, God’s Plan for Financial Success.
1. When one is possessed with the love of his wealth;
2. When one covets his money and makes it a form of idol;
3. When pride and vanity step into the picture;
4. When one doesn’t enjoy his wealth as God commands us;
5. When wealth makes a fool of a person;
6. When a fortune is gained dishonestly;
7. When wealth overcomes the word of God in a person’s heart;
8. When one expects wealth to satisfy all his needs;
9. When one thinks his soul can live on material wealth;
10. When prosperity harms a person in any manner.